WHAT IS HYPNOSIS?
Hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of consciousness where you have direct access to your deep subconscious mind. In hypnosis you are extremely relaxed and receptive to therapeutic suggestions which enables you to make permanent changes in your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. While in hypnosis you can also have a profound impact on your health and positively influence many bodily processes.
CAN HYPNOSIS HELP ME?
Please answer the following questions and see if any of these concerns apply to you:
1. Do you sometimes or often feel troubled by a personal issue or problem that seems to be emotionally caused and which you cannot consciously control?
2. Is there something about the way you think, feel, or behave in certain work or social situations that you wish you could control or change?
3. Is there something you can’t do or find difficult to do, and which you wish you more could do more easily or more effectively?
4. Is there a habit or repetitive behavior which is interfering with your normal life or preventing you from attaining your goals?
5. Are you or a loved one facing a serious health challenge or suffering from a medical condition which is not improving?
If you answered “yes” to any of these concerns then it is very likely that I can help you .
WILL THE HYPNOTHERAPIST HAVE CONTROL OVER ME?
No. When you are in a state of hypnosis you are in complete control. You will never do anything against your morals or beliefs. It is a common misconception that the hypnotherapist “controls” the client. This is hype from old Hollywood movies. When a person is guided into a state of hypnosis they remember all of the details of the session and are in complete control of the process. In truth, scientific research repeatedly indicates that hypnotherapy actually empowers the individual.
DOES ANYONE EVER GET “STUCK” IN HYPNOSIS?
This another common misconception. Hypnosis is a state of deep physical relaxation combined with inner mental focus. A professionally trained hypnotherapist guides the individual into this state to empower you to make personal change and achieve your goals. While it is not uncommon for people to enter into very deep states of trance, states which resemble sleep, a person never gets “stuck” in hypnosis. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis and you are always in control.
SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY CAN’T BE HYPNOTIZED, IS THAT TRUE?
Luckily, all healthy people can be hypnotized. Only individuals suffering from mental retardation, advanced dementia, or some types of traumatic brain injury, cannot be hypnotized. Every normal healthy person can be hypnotized, including children.
CAN I HOLD BACK INFORMATION WHILE HYPNOTIZED OR WHILE I BE FORCED TO TELL ALL MY SECRETS?
You can never be forced to share information that is private. What you decide to share with me is always your choice. I am bound by both law and ethics to respect the privacy of my clients. This is a moral obligation that I take seriously. As a professionally trained hypnotherapist I feel extremely privileged to share the trust of my clients. Our relationship is based on mutual respect and open honest communication. We are equals in the process of healing that is hypnotherapy.
HOW DO I BOOK MY FIRST SESSION?
To book your first session with Doctor Sewell AP simply call our office at Sarasota Clinical Hypnosis at 941-321-9267.